Stuck in Bali Without a Passport… Now What? Travel Plans Falling Apart
Well… this isn’t how we expected the next chapter of our trip to go. Right now we’re unexpectedly stuck in Bali while waiting for Cassandra’s passport renewal from the U.S. consulate. We submitted the renewal here in Bali and are still waiting for it to come back. The problem is that we had flights scheduled at the end of the month and a European cruise in early April. At this point we’ve accepted that we’ll likely miss the 14-day cruise and eat the cost, but the bigger challenge is figuring out how to leave Asia once the passport finally arrives. With airspace closures and global travel disruptions tied to the current geopolitical conflicts, many major flight routes and connecting hubs have been affected. Flights are limited and demand is extremely high, leaving thousands of travelers rerouting around the world. So now we’re trying to figure out: • When the passport will actually arrive • Whether we’ll make any of our existing flights • How to reroute around the globe if needed • How to extend our stay in Bali on a budget while we wait To be clear, we know this is a privileged problem. We are safe, healthy, and in a beautiful place. Our hearts go out to those experiencing far worse conditions around the world right now, and we’re hoping for peace and stability as soon as possible. For now, we wait… and try to figure out the next move. Stay tuned for updates on the Bali passport renewal process and how we’re navigating travel disruptions while nomading.